21 things you must know before you consider equity release
There are many reasons why you might consider releasing equity from your home using a Lifetime Mortgage.
The money you release from your home is tax-free and yours to do what you like with. Some of the most common uses include repaying an interest-only mortgage, helping family, repaying debts, paying for life’s luxuries and home improvements.
However, it’s a big decision that will affect both you and your family.
It will reduce the equity in your home and consequently cut the amount you can leave to your loved ones when you die. To qualify, you must be a certain age (usually 55).
We want to make sure you consider every possible angle before you decide whether a Lifetime Mortgage is right for you. That’s why we’ve put together this guide, highlighting the things you need to consider before you take the plunge.
Why choose us?
- We are specialists. We specialise in helping people understand whether Equity Release is the right option for them.
- We are Financial Planners. We will consider all aspects of your finances, including your savings, investments and pensions, as well as advising you on Lifetime Mortgages.
- We are independent. Our independence means we can search the whole of the market to find the right Lifetime Mortgage for you.
- We are members of the Equity Release Council. To become a member of the council, an adviser or planner must be suitably qualified and meet rigorous standards. Once a member, they must then follow guidelines to protect you, the consumer.
- We offer all Equity Release options. We consider all possibilities, not just Lifetime Mortgages, ensuring you get a solution that is right for you.
If you are considering Equity Release or a Lifetime Mortgage, we would be delighted to advise you. Once we understand your circumstances, we’ll recommend what is best for you and your family.
The first step is to contact us by calling 01628 300230 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.